All EMS students take French daily. The French program is designed to enable students to speak and write their basic thoughts and questions in a second language.
The curriculum utilizes a combination of speaking, writing, and activities that are often based on music, art or cooking classes. Students learn to express themselves in a second language environment that promotes confidence and creativity.
Toddler & Casa Focus:
- Learning simple words through songs & poems
- Greetings & etiquette
- Seasonal vocabulary & activities
Lower Elementary Focus:
- Simple conversation
- Expanding on vocabulary learned in Casa
- Basic writing skills
- Games and interactive activities
Upper Elementary Focus:
- Verb tenses
- More advanced writing skills (e.g. Journals)
- World events